Thrive as our Teacher!
Small class size – Joyful Environment
A teacher at Bethesda Lutheran School prayerfully helps students gain the knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes that will contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible, and literate Christian citizens. the teacher’s chief activity is that of instructing the children in the areas set forth in the school’s curriculum and in accordance with the mission statement of the school and preschool.
View the full job description here
- Certified by the State of South Dakota or able to obtain certification in a time period specified by the State Dept. of Education and approved by the School Board
- Has the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Demonstrates a willingness and commitment to grow both spiritually and professionally
- Demonstrates and active and alive personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ
- Sets annual goals for self and can implement them effectively
- Uses leadership abilities to make decisions and exercises good judgment
- Has good communication skills in writing, speaking, and listening
- Is sensitive to the needs and feelings of children, parents, staff, and congregational members
Please send a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, a valid teaching license, and unofficial transcripts to:
1537 Baltimore Ave
Hot Springs, SD 57747
Salary and benefits will depend on experience and will be in accordance to the school salary schedule.